2013 Annual Conference Call for Posters
2013 Conference Research Poster Session
The Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor is the recognized authority and the primary membership organization for people with a common interest in applied humor and laughter. Its mission is to serve as the community of professionals who study, practice and promote healthy humor and laughter.
Selections have been made for the 2013 conference. Information will be available in the summer of 2013 about applying for the 2014 conference. Please contact the AATH office if you want to be notified when this information is available.
Criteria for Application:
Applications require only an electronic document providing the following:
- Study title
- Names and affiliations of authors
- Abstract a brief description of the study's contribution to the field
- Indication of whether or not an author will be in attendance (see #4, below)
Submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. 1st author of successful submissions will be notified by TBA.
For questions regarding this poster session, contact AATH member and Past President Lenny Dave at: LennyDave1@aol.com
Apply by clicking here!
The purpose of this research poster session is to inform the conference's target audience of humor-and laughter-related research. This session also provides a venue for humor-and laughter-related research to be made visible to a uniquely interested target market as part of the AATH Humor Academy – a graduate college credit and certificate program.
Successful applicants will be determined based on the following criteria:
- Completed or emerging research specifically exploring or examining humor or laughter. Posters describing research of any ancillary topic (e.g., wellness, happiness) will be considered only if the role of humor or laughter is clearly identified in the study's purpose and design.
- May involve quantitative, qualitative, mixed method or applied (action) research.
- A panel of qualified reviewers will determine successful submissions. Criteria will include: professionalism and thoroughness of the proposal; level of academic rigor within the study's respective research design; importance of the study as it relates to relevant applied fields. These fields include, but are not limited to: education, health care/medicine, business, faith communities/spirituality, and social sciences, e.g., psychology, sociology, anthropology, social work, child, adolescent or adult development; family studies, etc.
- A study author is strongly encouraged to attend in person and to be present during the poster session. It is important for researchers and practitioners who rely on quality scholarship to meet and be informed of each other's relationships within the field of therapeutic humor and laughter. Attending researchers are required to register for the conference.
FYI Regarding Presentation of Accepted Papers:
We're asking authors of accepted applications to submit a MOUNTED summary poster AND an electronic version with greater detail provided in a PowerPoint presentation. Please be aware that, if your proposal is selected, we expect authors to present their respective paper in the following TWO formats:
- PHYSICAL POSTER
- The physical posters should be eye-catching and provide the following information:
- Study title
- Study authors and contact information of Principal Investigator
- BRIEF summary of methods
- Summary of findings
NOTE: Unattended physical posters must be shipped to us MOUNTED on foam or mount board stiff enough to displayed upright when propped against a wall, table leg, or other upright support. Poster size: Either horizontal or vertical format may be used. No smaller than 11" x 14" and no larger than 20" x 24."
- ELECTRONIC VERSION in PowerPoint format
- PowerPoint presentation may be compiled onto a single slide or may contain one or more slides for each of the sections listed below. Regardless, this presentation must include the following:
- study title;
- authors, including current contact information for principal investigator;
- purpose statement;
- research question(s);
- population, including n;
- methods description;
- findings or status (if completed, include findings or results; if emerging, include expected completion date);
- statement as to the importance of this study related to the use of humor or laughter in an applied setting.
Both the printed version and an electronic version of your final poster will be required so all accepted submissions can be compiled onto DVDs for distribution to conference attendees.
PLEASE NOTE: that the information, above, is simply to inform applicants of the final submission criteria, but are not required for submission of an application.
Further submission details will be provided with the notification that your poster has been accepted.
Unattended physical posters will be discarded at the conclusion of the conference and will not be returned.
Apply by clicking here!